10 Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Living a healthy lifestyle is easier in 2022 than ever before. However, those lifestyle choices can be HARD.
Growing up, I did 3 sports throughout high school (lacrosse, field hockey, and horseback riding) whether as a player or coach.
I’ll be honest, in the past year or so I’m not super motivated to be healthy. I’m not sure if this is because I had knee surgery almost a year ago or if I just am not motivated.
I bought a spin bike to help with my knee rehab, and I love spinning. I just can’t get myself to go downstairs to do the workout. Again, I do not pay for a gym membership, and I love at home workouts.
So, I did some research on the best tips to live a healthy lifestyle to help myself and YOU.
Tips to Living a Healthy Lifestyle
- Pack your meals | Eating out is not necessarily healthy, but you can make healthier choices. If you want to make even healthier choices for that healthy lifestyle, make your own lunch or dinner at home and take it with you!
- Track what you’re eating | Obviously, this is not the best answer for everyone, but if you don’t realize what you’re eating you can’t change it. I recently got the lose it app, and paid $20 (with the discount) for a premium account for a year. Tracking your food is not something you have to do all the time, either. You can do it for a couple of weeks as you start making healthier choices, you can stop.
- Drink more water | Y’all, drinking water is KEY to a healthy lifestyle. You’ll be glowing before you know it.
- Self Care | Part of living a healthy lifestyle is taking care of yourself.
- Do things that make you HAPPY | Y’all, I know it seems like I do a lot between my blog, podcast, tiktok, making curriculum activities, and working 3 jobs (teaching, fulfillment in a warehouse, and a new job on weekends I’ll be announcing soon), plus I am the membership VP for Junior League. Yes, I 100% understand I’m busy, but all of these things make me happy. They’re also all things that are manageable together.
- Get enough sleep | Y’all, I did not do this last night and I’m paying for it today.
- Surround yourself with people you want around you | This is honestly my favorite tip. It’s something we often do not think about. If you surround yourself with people you want to be around, and people who support you, you will be living a healthier lifestyle.
- Take time for yourself | Be selfish. Take the time for yourself to do things you want to do. If you’re always giving people time, you will never be able to fill your own cup all the way. I’m starting to take 1 night for me where I do not work a job, do social media, or anything else like that.
- Keep things organized | If you’ve been following along on tiktok or Instagram, I’ve been giving organization tips. Why? Because when things are organized and neat it creates less stress. Honestly, I know how ironic this is, because neither room is clean in my life right now, nor is my car. I’m working on it, okay?
- Meditate | This is something new I’m trying. I pay for the Peleton app, mainly to use with my spin bike (not a Peleton), but it has other great options, like meditation! I’ve been trying to meditate every morning; however, it doesn’t always work out.
- Have morning and night routines | And, I can’t leave you without this bonus tip! Having morning and night routines are great to help your mental health. Think about it: when we’re a baby we have routines of when we’re fed, when we sleep, etc. Creating a routine helps prepare yourself mentally.
Now, one thing I do to set myself up for success is not change everything at once. For instance, when I start prepping for back to school, I start waking up earlier first. Then, I add another change to my routine. This way it’s not too stressful, so take it easy on yourself!
What’s your favorite tip to living a healthy lifestyle?