I love decorating office space. Honestly, I love decorating in general. However, there is something special about office supplies. I also love back to school shopping, so it’s probably that they’re similar if we’re being honest. As I keep moving toward buying my own house, I’ve started to think about what items I want to have in it. Thankfully, I’ll be done with grad school by the time I’ll purchase and finalize everything for a home. However, this is not stopping me from wanting a dedicated office space.
- Desk || L-shaped desk ($199)-This desk can be converted to have different shapes based on your space needs. White desk ($110)-love how classic and simple this desk is. Plus, it’s small enough to fit in a ton of different spaces.
- Chair || Lumbar Chair-for my birthday during my first year teaching, I got an office chair with lumbar support. Total game changer. I will never go back. Mine came from staples, but this one is similar. Upholstered chair-pink ($153). I love the look of a “dressier” chair for a desk chair. I think it really adds a lot to the space.
- Stapler || Silver Stapler ($17)-I know $17 is a lot for a stapler, but it’s pretty and brings such good aesthetic to a space. It’s perfect for enhancing your personal brand. This Bostich stapler is less expensive at $10.
- Scissors || Scissors can be tough to find good ones. My family has bought similar ones to these (price varies).
- File folders || While note obvious office decor, file folders can add a little spice when they’re left out on a desk. I love these pastel ones for $21. Plus, it gives the added benefit of color-coding, another love of mine.
- Pens || Like file folders, pens are not obvious office decor. However, add some spice. I love these pens. 10/10 stars for them. I will say you need to store them upright and not horizontally.
- Inspirational quotes || These a great daily reminder of things to remember to keep striving toward your goals.
- Fake plants || Again, a great way to subtly spice up your space. I would personally do all green ones, but these could be fun, too!
- Desk Pad || A desk pad adds such a nice subtle accent of color to a clean space. Plus, I love that it adds the benefit of not scratching up your desk or laptop since it’s protective.
- Desk Organizers || I love a clean, organized space. These desk organizers are so pretty for your desk.
What are your must haves?