Everyone has a brand. How you cultivate and show your brand depends on your. However, before you can cultivate and show your brand, you must create it. This is a lot like creating content for different websites and apps to promote a brand.
Steps to Creating Your Brand
- Know who you are. || Be able to describe yourself with adjectives as I did here. The better you know yourself the easier this will be. I would sit down and write down a list of words that describe you and ask your friends and family. This way you get a very realistic view of yourself instead of what you want to be. If you start off by trying to be something you aren’t, it is going to be tough to keep up the facade. When you’re being yourself you don’t have to worry about putting on a facade and being different.
- Figure out how you want to portray yourself. || Again, it’s easier if you’re already portraying yourself how you want others to see you. This should align with your adjectives. For instance, if one of your adjectives is active, you’re probably already wearing a lot of activewear.
- Live the life you want to portray. || Live the life how you want others to see you. If you’re big on philanthropy and being kind to others, make sure you’re actually volunteering and helping others. If you’re all about fitness and being active, showcase your workouts.
Things NOT To Do
- Portray yourself as someone you aren’t. || If you are sitting there saying you’re all about a specific cause but you really aren’t, it is going to come across as super fake and obvious.
- Promote things you actually use. || Again, as part of your brand, you will showcase things you love. However, when given the chance to promote something, make sure you actually use the product. Again, it will come along as extremely fake. Just like if you are promoting the same products as every other influencer out there.
What’s your brand?