Apps can be life changing. We often let our phones and technology take over our lives. However, instead of letting technology run us, we need to use it to our advantage.
I want to spend less time on my phone this year. This means that when I use my phone I want it to be important and not just a time suck like mindlessly scrolling on Instagram.
Life Changing Apps to Keep
- Google Keep. Perfect for list-making and being organized.
- Social Media apps. The big thing to do with these is to follow people you want to follow. Don’t compromise on this one. Otherwise, they become a time waster and lead to unhappiness.
- Banks/Credit Card companies. This is huge. I have the apps for both banks I use and Robinhood. I actually only have my bank apps on my iPad because I only have the internet on when I’m on my home wifi for security reasons.
- Personal email. I do not recommend keeping your work email on your phone. I only keep my personal email so I can pull up receipts and coupon codes when I need to.
- Peak. Peak is a great app for “training your brain” to help keep it young. It works with different aspects of your brain (language, math, recall, etc.). through fun games.
Apps to Get Rid of
- The majority of gaming apps. I don’t have a ton of time to spend gaming, and I’m sure you don’t either. Delete these games. They also get you to spend money to be more successful in the game faster.
- Apps you don’t use. Get rid of them. They’re just taking up space!
- Any app you’re spending pointless time on. If these apps are just to fill some time between meetings, get rid of them.
What apps do you need to get?